Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bio

My name is Jem Finch. I am a young boy growin up in a small town called Maycomb, Alabama. I have a father named Atticus and a sister named Scout. My mother passed away when i wasn't very old so its just me Scout, Atticus, and Calpernia. My father works as a lawyer in our town. I look up to him and go to him for advice whenever I need it. Not too long ago Atticus represented a black man named Tom Robinson in court. "Atticus says cheating a black man is ten times worse than cheating a white". I've always liked that about Atticus. He doesn't care about what skin color someone has. People in Maycomb think he's crazy for representing a black man, but i just don't get it. "If there's just one kind of folks, why can't we all get along with eachother?''. Since we were young Atticus has always taught me and my sister to put our feet in other people's shoes before making decisions about them. Me and Scout also know this guy named Boo Radley. For the longest time we used to try and sneak around his house to get a glimpse of him. Everyone in town thinks he's crazy because he never leaves his house, but i disagree. "I'm beginning to understand why Boo Radley's stayed shut up in the house all this time. It's because he wants to stay inside." I think he sees how unkind people here are. Sometimes I even think he's smart for stayin in.




No comments:

Post a Comment